RH - FullStack – Ruby on Rails, React, API
Our customer is looking to keep up with their growing demand. In order to keep up with development debt and customer requests they have found an urgent need to garner new talent for one of their internal teams. They have needs for a STRONG Development team members to join the fast growing, consumer facing digital applications space, with responsibility over the internal & web applications. These apps are used by thousands of people every day and have plans to continue to grow their product and user base. The right candidate should be able to understand and execute on digital transformation strategies, by creating best in class technical solutions and leading within and across technical teams to implement those solutions.
- 6+ Years of experience as a developer focused on Ruby on Rails with diversified exposure to solutioning, analysis, design, development and implementation of web-based/Digital applications
- 4+ years of Microservices that are event-based services layer
- Ability to be hands on, analyze, debug, and deliver clean and maintainable code in a team environment with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Cloud technologies - AWS
- Database Technologies – Heroku Postgres SQL
- Mobile Technologies – NA
- Testing Technologies – Github, Jenkins, Postman
- API Standards Specifications - Swagger
- API Standards - REST
- Design Patterns Object - Oriented programming, MVC, MVVM, SOLID principles.
- Software development life cycles - Agile, Scrum, or Kanban.
- Candidate must reside in one of these countries: Brazil, Colombia, Argentina, Mexico, Chile, Ecuador, and Costa Rica
- Looking for a startup-minded individuals who always looks for ways to improve the code, and not necessarily waits for tickets to be assigned, but can take high level direction and run with it
- Participate in the technical planning & requirements gathering phases including estimate, develop, test, manage projects, architect, and deliver.
- Serve as a strong technical contributor while providing technical support and leadership in the development cycle and continual improvement of service.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level.
- Collaborate with peer organizations, quality assurance and end users to produce cutting-edge software solutions
- Interpret business requirements to articulate the business needs to be addressed
- Troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently
- Ability to create and manage a project/product from the inception to implementation
- Knowledge of various design and architectural patterns
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (GitHub)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Recognize bottlenecks and bugs, and devise answers for these issues
- Help keep up code quality, affiliation, and automation.
- Conveying status and issues in an unmistakable, favorable, and capable way.
- In charge of suggesting changes for execution, openness, and relentless quality.
- Writing automated tests for all new code using tools such as RSpec
- Full stack web development experience (minimum 6+ years) with Ruby on Rails
- Deep knowledge of scalability, security and maintainability of high-volume & data heavy web applications
- Well-versed in unit testing frameworks, TDD & refactoring and familiarity with BDD
- Excellent understanding of DevOps (CI/CD) – ADO & GitHub for source control
- Experience in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes are a big plus
- A solid understanding of standard web development workflows and component testing
- Hands-on REST API development
- Knowledge of AWS technologies like API Gateway, Lambda, S3, etc
About Our Client:
Our customer provides a way to get around the cash security deposit requirement needed for most apartment rentals, potentially making it easier to secure a new place.
In 2016 our customer set out to create a financial product that was better than a cash security deposit because housing affordability is one of the largest issues facing our country. The pandemic highlighted America's lack of affordable housing, with many Americans unable to make rent and facing evictions due to coronavirus layoffs, furloughs, and expended emergency savings. Our customer allows renters to have more cash on hand for other expenses like renters insurance and moving by skipping the large security deposit and paying a low monthly fee instead.