PW - DevOps Automation QA Engineer
The DevOps Automation QA Engineer is responsible for the design, development, support, and evolution of deployment and operations infrastructure. They will create the systems necessary to effectively and efficiently build, test, release, and deploy software into scalable, reliable, and secure application environments. They will be capable of engaging with projects of varying sizes at any stage in the software lifecycle.
In DevOps, the testing perspective changes from “completed testing on this module” to “What are the business risks that have been mitigated in the release candidate?” They move beyond manual testing and focus on scalable deployments, automation right from the beginning of the development process, standardizing QA environments, aligning QA tasks with Continuous Testing, and CI/CD pipelines.
A high level of collaboration between developers, testers, and the operations team enables testers to monitor the application in production and use the data to help stakeholders make informed decisions. We are looking for people that have or understand the Shift Left Mindset in all the testing activities we carry on.
- Work closely with software and operations engineering to define and build tooling and automation that simplifies and supports the software development lifecycle, encourages best practices, and smooths the transition to production deployment
- Build infrastructure as code to ensure consistent and reliable management of application environments
- Provision cloud-based infrastructure used to deploy, manage, and scale software applications
Design, build, and support efficient CI/CD pipelines
- Maintain system stability while facilitating timely and regular software updates and feature deployments
- Build and manage log and metric capture and analysis systems
- Optimize system deployments to balance performance, cost, and security concerns
- Automate build and deployment pipelines with robust integration tests
- Coordinate with business analysts and product owners to ensure application quality
Integrate cloud-based resources and networks with local and distributed infrastructure
- Provide support and mentoring for engineering staff in the use of DevOps tools and practice
Tasks & Duties
- Select and apply the adequate test techniques and tools for the given project using automated tests.
- Report bugs and collaborate with the team to get them fixed.
- Share the status of the testing activities keeping useful metrics for the team.
- Education: Software Engineering / B.S in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of working knowledge of Azure and AWS Cloud
- 3+ years of working knowledge of DevOps and application deployment processes
- Experience using AWS core services: EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, Accounts
- Experience using Azure core services: Resource Group, Storage account, VM, and other resource
- Experience working with scripting languages (Bash, PowerShell).
- In-depth automation experience using configuration management tools
- Experience working GitHub code repository
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong understanding of testing & QA processes
- HashiCorp products (e.g., Vault, Terraform) would be a great plus.
- Attention to details
- Strong communications skills
- Understanding of software life cycles and test processes
- Strong customer service orientation
- Intermediate/Advanced English Level