GL - TechOps Engineer
Technologies we use:
● MySQL Aurora, DynamoDB, Snowflake, Redis
● Node.js, Java, Spring Boot
● React, Redux, Swift, Kotlin
● REST, graphQL, gRPC
● AWS, EKS, Lambda
What you will be doing:
● Production (Tier 3) support: triaging support requests from internal Customer Service &
external partner support, identifying root causes and identifying and providing
● Production (Tier 3) on-call rotation
● Bug hunting: providing feedback to developers on issues found in production
environments, performing necessary research & analysis to determine priority.
● Reviewing Datadog logging and using tools to identify which team and part of the
application is causing the defect.
● Quality advocacy: be responsible for speaking for the QA team's vision and strategy
● Creating and maintaining runbooks that define repeated processes around issues and
● Build and facilitate building of Knowledge Base articles
● Observe and report with an eye on continuous process improvement across engineering
● Address bugs and production issues with an eye towards 99.999% uptime.
● API Testing and monitoring
What you should bring:
● 1-3 years experience with testing mobile and web stacks
● Experience with SQL queries for data validation and investigations
● Experience testing API calls with Postman
● Debugging skills: ability to identify what part of the stack is causing issues with a mobile
customer flow, and ability to engage the right people to rally around issues.
● Experience with DataDog, NewRelic, Zabbix, Prometheus, Nagios or other monitoring
● Broad understanding of testing iOS, Android mobile applications
● Broad understanding with CI/CD tooling and Terraform.
● Good communication skills, attention to detail and a willingness and curiosity to dig into
What we’re building:
Our customer helps parents raise financially-smart kids with a debit card for kids that parents
manage from their phone. The new way for parents to give money and pay allowances to their
children, it is safer, easier, and more flexible than using cash. Parents can choose the
exact stores where their kids can spend and how much money they can spend. With these
safeguards and supervision, kids learn to make their own financial decisions. Parents can
encourage saving by setting an interest rate--paid by the parent--that is well-above any they
would find at a bank. Kids learn about compound interest from seeing their own savings grow
meaningfully. To-date, kids have saved over $4M with our customer application.
About Our Client:
Our client is an Atlanta-based fintech company that makes a debit card for kids and companion
apps for the family. We proudly serve more than 4 million parents and kids, with in-app tools for
sending money, setting savings goals, monitoring balances, managing chores, automating
allowance, and investing.
Our client is on a mission to support parents and help every kid grow up to be financially healthy