GD - React Native Engineer
As a UI Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing the design and development of front-end applications that meet the needs of the user. Your focus will be on building the front end of the application along with our back-end engineers on our team with a focus on scalability, maintainability, reusability and testability.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for working with your delivery team to prioritize, plan and develop features for our application. You will spend a lot of time working with senior software engineers and directors; pushing the team towards the latest tools, technologies, and best practice and laying out the basic code architecture so an offshore team can run with it.
What you'll do
- Discuss application features and design ideas with the team
- Research similar application designs and user interface modules
- Writing the front-end code and building the user interface on React Native for our mobile application
- Propose new technologies and implement PoC
- Identify performance & scalability challenges and provide a technical solution
- Advocate usage of new open-source tools/frameworks and percolate the knowledge to the engineering team
- Debug code errors and troubleshoot software issues
- Conduct live application tests and tweaks
- Update mobile applications in line with user trends
What we're looking for
- 4+ years of experience as a UI Engineer
- Deep understanding of mobile Performance and JS thread and React code optimization.
- Experience with Typescript is required
- In-depth knowledge of user interface models, application design, and website functionality
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable Modules and Components
- Take responsibility for their code: follow through with it and address any issues that result from it in the future
- Knowledge of industry-standard software best practices, development lifecycle processes and Agile and SCRUM methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design, Web Design, or similar field
- Experience in iOS development will be a plus
Who you are
- Sharp mind, flat outsmart, willing to take direction
- Ambitious, dedicated, and a little eccentric
- Team oriented, willing to standardize code and architecture
- Strong attention to detail
- Head for problem-solving and analytical thinking
- Having a flexible working style
- Being self-motivated and having a desire to learn new technologies
- Comfortable with working unsupervised
- Good communication skills
About Our Client:
Paying bills sucks. It sucks even more for about a third of Americans living paycheck to paycheck, and struggling to pay bills on time. About 100 million Americans are at risk of paying overdraft fees if they auto-pay their bills, and are forced to manually log into and pay up to 10 biller accounts each month. Why are so many people wasting their time and energy manually paying bills to avoid overdraft fees? Because they are not using our customer application!
It's is a Y Combinator-backed technology company based in New York. Our platform combines fintech, payments, and big data to create an empowering and rewarding user experience for making timely bill payments.
Our customer mission
To eliminate stress about paying bills. Our customer provides consumers with overdraft and late fees protection for their household bills. We are transforming bill payments by providing consumers with an application for linking and automatically paying biller accounts. Our app tracks and pays bills so our users don’t have to. We offer banking services; direct deposits, credit building, cash advance and rewards to simplify bill payments for both billers accounts and consumers.