PP - SRE / Level 2 Support
Our customer is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid online, via mobile devices and in store. The service allows people to send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts, credit cards or promotional financing. With more than 184 million active accounts in 200 plus markets and 26 currencies around the world, Our customer enables global commerce. More information about the company can be found at www.paypal.com.
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Triage and troubleshoot issues for PayPal Financial Products & Experiences (FPX) products and applications on the live site.
- 2nd level support for live site production issues. Provide initial triage and response to unknown issues/incidents, and identifying additional experts as needed to engage.
- Triage and troubleshoot issues for PayPal products and applications on the live site. Identify exposures and mitigation plans ranging from making customers whole to working up stream to ID root cause drivers of customer problems and appropriate root cause solutions through product and process enhancements. Prioritize solutions based on impact to the customer and Paypal business. When needed, develop, and implement immediate stop-gap fixes for processes and tools engaging Product Development team resources to develop long term solutions.
- Work with product development teams and various vendors, business groups to prioritize, identify and develop solutions, and support reliability and improvements.
- Work with Site Operation and command center teams to address sites issues.
- Independent problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve live critical issues.
- Weekend and after-hours support, on a rotating schedule, is required.
- The ideal candidate should have most of the following requirements:
- Two or more years of software development experience. Need experience running Java applications in production
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience in developing, troubleshooting/debugging complex multi-tier applications
- Experience with SQL, Stored Procs
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Scripting languages (Shell, Perl) a plus
- Experience with Git a plus
- Experience with monitoring/alerting Tools (Splunk, Signal FX)
- Experience with JIRA, Service Now
- Proficient in shell scripting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with supporting multiple issues/incidents
- Experience: 2+ years software development, 2+ years Live Production support experience or equivalent
About Our Client:
At our candidates, they believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Their mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. They’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. They’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. They challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions.