BF - Elixir Software Engineer
Our client, one of the world's fastest growing, privately owned crypto exchanges, is looking for Backend Engineers to join their Crypto Engineering teams!
Our client's teams are globally remote working across different time zones and regions. Engineers are pragmatic problem solvers that are excited to tackle some of the most interesting challenges in the Crypto-FinTech arena.
We’re helping building out the products and infrastructure that powers the business. Our client's stack is largely Elixir on the backend, so having some Elixir or Erlang experience is a must have.
As a Software Engineer, you will execute and finish end-to-end tasks towards a larger goal with minimal assistance from more senior team members. We are looking for an engineer who will make larger, mostly independent, technical contributions, manage their own priorities and make appropriately paced progress on their own without supervision.
- Architect/Design: Participate in design, with guidance. Understand how your work fits in with related projects or components and identify problems with requirements and fix them, helping the team course-correct when necessary.
- Deliver: Produce completed work of consistently high quality that demonstrates most or all of the hallmarks of a fleshed-out company's engineering artifact, such as reliability, monitoring and alerting, security and privacy practices and techniques, documentation, integration testing, production hygiene and support processes.
- Elevate: May proactively spot and suggest areas of future work for themselves and heir team. Expected to contribute to shared team responsibilities. Adapt: Implements independently and designs with supervision.
- Own: Consistently generate the ideas required to solve even ambiguous problems, and take ownership of the solution.
- Technical Breadth and Depth: 3+ years of software engineering experience with 1-2 years of experience with Elixir / Erlang.
- Technical Ownership: You have a passion for writing concise, performant, and extensible code to create reliable and scalable products. You write tests, and have experience with continuous integration and deployment tools
- Communication: You value collaboration, both for yourself and your peers, and are thoughtful in your communication when sharing ideas or opinions
- Collaboration: You're able to build relationships within team and operate semi-autonomously, unblocking yourself and peers when needed
- Initiative and focus on outcomes: You are looking at the big picture, you observe and improve your team’s work. You are interested in the team’s success as a whole, not just a personal success.
- Adaptive: Ability and motivation to quickly learn new languages, technologies and tools.
About Our Client
We have experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
Our leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.