CHPW - ETL Developer
• 5+ years of experience as a ETL Developer in a Snowflake and Azure environment. Preference of Datawarehouse Development or Datawarehouse Consolidation effort preferred. Including Analysis, technical design, development, integration, testing
Snowflake is a must!
• Strong SQL experience
• Experience using ETLWorks – this is their ETL development tool
• Experience working in a scrum environment, using Jira
• Experience working with version control tools; preferably - bitbucket
• Familiarity with the current legacy platform; Microsoft SQL, SSIS
• Experience building and maintaining technical documentation for all data processing workflows, ensuring they meet standards and best practices
• Experience identifying and troubleshooting performance issues in the data pipelines, and work with data architects to optimize data models and database designs
• Strong previous experience working remotely
• Strong Python experience, nice to have
• Familiarity with the Data Governance/Data Quality tool, Ataccama, nice to have
• Familiarity with reading through a logical data model and have an understanding of multidimensional data models, nice to have
• Healthcare knowledge and experience, nice to have
About Our Client:
Our customer is a small health plan focused just in Washington state. They are focused on Medicaid and Medicare health plans. Currently, they have 250K Medicaid members and 20K Medicare members.Their IT department count with a Datawarehouse Engineering team (8), an Application Development team (8), a BI Reporting team (8), a QA team (6) and an Infrastructure/Service desk team (6) and then leadership (managers, directors, VP of IT – 5). This is a very stable, financially sound company that has been in business since 1991. They believe in work-life balance, and they have a very respected CEO.
Over the past 10 years, the organization created 2 separate datawarehouses using MS technology (SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, LogiXML). The goal now is to consolidate the two into one DW moving to Snowflake on Azure. They also are moving all BI reporting to Tableau. The Data Services Manager was placed in 2017 and he always had this consolidation vision.