NE - AWS Redshift Admin
Candidates are expected to more care about the amount of experience they have maintaining databases.
They are looking for someone who has worked as a DBA with Redshift/AWS. (not a data Engineer)
Candidate must know Redshift database internals and maintenance options completely
They also need to be well versed in AWS. Any Redshift DBA would need to have good AWS fundamentals. Not just knowing the service names, but experience using them (S3, DMS, Aurora, Lambda, Glue, EMR) All of those consistently will interact with Redshift.
- Data Base Administrator.
- Expertise administering, performance optimizing, and maintaining large (>1PB) RedShift environments
- Candidate must know Redshift database internals and maintenance options completely
- Strong experience with AWS technologies stack including S3, Glue, Athena, Aurora, Lambda, EMR
- Strong SQL and Unix skills experience working with modern ETL/ELT frameworks.
- Strong experience of data warehouse best practices such as conforming dimensions, slowly changing dimensions, star and snowflake schema required.
- Data Pipeline development experience leveraging industry standard tools like Git and Jira
- Strong programming skills and data integration experience Python (or other applicable scripting).
- Expertise with design, implementation, management, and maintenance of data pipelines for AWS RedShift based solutions is desirable
- Experience dealing with processing and loading unstructured data (e.g., json, parquet etc.).
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery would be a plus.
About Our Client:
Our customer is is the world's largest utility company, They Generate wind and solar energy in America.
Apply for this position