VN - SRE Data Platform
Our Customer was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Our Customer app, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Our Customer application and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Our Customer app, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Our Customer app even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
Engineering at Our Customer
At Our Customer, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
Engineering is a craft, and at Our Customer we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We spend our days scaling our infrastructure and building new features to meet and exceed our users’ needs and wants. We work with a product team that is data driven and human-centered in its design principles. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests.
Data Platforms at Our Customer
TOur Customer Data Platforms team supports Our Customer’s internal and customer-facing production data store engineering and operations. As a senior staff SRE in the Data Platforms team, you will work directly with engineering leadership to prioritize efforts to align services operations with business goals. This individual will be a hands-on contributor that teaches by example and mentors other SRE and product owners how to improve services availability, reliability and scalability by driving best practices.
What You’ll Do
• Partner with infrastructure and SRE leadership to understand overarching business objectives and help SRE team leads translate those into actionable plans.
• Deliver technical initiatives identified by senior leadership in the database and infrastructure domain.
• Collaborate with product, platform and infrastructure to ensure the success of initiatives prioritized by the SRE team.
• Develop tools and automation to manage infrastructure and application configuration via code. • Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies and process practices.
What We’re Looking For
• Bachelors in computer science or related field of study
• Hands-on experience with supporting infrastructure at global scale.
• Hands-on experience with IaaS and PaaS solutions from AWS (or similar cloud provider): • Infrastructure as code (AWS CLI, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet) • Hands-on programming and scripting (Lambda, API GW, Python, Java, Bash) • Hands-on experience with database operations: AWS Aurora MySQL
• Nice to have experience with AWS DynamoDB, AWS DocumentDB, Cassandra • Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non technical audience
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.